Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010 and Hello 2011

I think I'm not alone when I say I'm thankful that 2010 is coming to a close.  It's been a hard year on many levels -- not just because it was the year which we found out we were infertile.  (Though that sucked royally.)  Work has been extremely challenging for both DH and I.  We've also been feeling like it's time for a change...like maybe we need to move...far, far away.  Our lives, professionally and personally, didn't feel like they werer moving forward in the way that we wanted them too.

So with that, goodbye 2010.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

As for 2011, I am NOT going to make a resolution to get pregnant in 2011.  In fact, I'm starting to realize how hard this journey might be (like others), and that we may be many, many years away from ever getting to raise a child.  So I am counting 2010 and 2011 as potentially another notch in the belt.  I hope that 2011 will get us closer to our goal.  And our January 4th appointment with the reproductive urologist is a great way to kick off the new year.  I can't wait to finally get some answers (I hope).

I am both excited and scared for what 2011 will hold as far as our TTC journey is concerned.  My biggest wish is that we can get DH's swimmers up to a level where we'd be candidates for IUI.  That would be an absolute dream come true.  I have a lot of reservations about IVF, so if I can avoid that bridge, I'd like to.

Other non-IF resolutions for 2011?  Go on vacation!!  DH will finally be wrapping up a huge project he's been working on for the past year, which means (hopefully) that he will finally get paid!  And everyone knows all you need to get pregnant is to go on vacation, right?? :)

Happy New Years to all of you, my friends.  May 2011 be your year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment