Friday, December 10, 2010

Just Sayin'

I remember when we first heard my husband's numbers were low, we were pretty bummed out.  But then I started reading other blogs where instead of millions of sperm (DH has 6 million moving ones in one squirt), you're talking hundreds of thousands.  Suddenly, our situation didn't seem so bad.

But then I started thinking...man, hundreds of thousands of sperm isn't enough to get the job done?  Even 6 million isn't enough?  You need, on average, 200 million to be dispatched just so one lousy sperm can fertilize the egg?

Really, God?

What the heck?  Men are so inefficient!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that crazy?! I was so mad thinking how we had almost 100 million sperm placed up in my uterus right when my eggs were ovulating and I still didn't get pregnant, how is that?! And that was post wash, meaning those were the best of the best - jeesh my eggs must suck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had some of the same thoughts when we found out my husband's count was low. I kept thinking that so many people have it worse and really it only takes ONE to get the job done. But like Kim said, it is not super encouraging when you have them placed up where they need to go (6 million or 100 million)and it still doesn't happen. Somebody give those sperm a map!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim -- maybe it's not you, it's him!! J/K. Who knows what God's plan is in all this, but I'm trusting that He has a good one, even if it doesn't seem to make sense to us.

    Waiting & Wishing -- you're so right, someone needs to bust out a map for our hubbies' swimmers!

    ReplyDelete