Thursday, December 9, 2010

My HSG Experience

Praise the Lord -- it's over!!

...and it wasn't bad at all.  I feel a bit sheepish now for freaking out so much.  I took 4 Advil before the procedure (2 two hours beforehand, and 2 one hour beforehand).  The doctor and nurse tech were both so nice, and so understanding.

The beginning felt like a regular gyno exam, where they insert the speculum to prop open my vajayjay.  Then they swabbed the cervix with three different solutions.   Then he inserted the catheter through the cervix and inflated some sort of balloon thingy (I think to open it up and allow the dye to flow through).  At that point, I felt some cramps, but it wasn't bad at all.  It just felt like I had my period.  Then he injected the dye, which I did not feel at all.  But my tubes were clear (oh yeah -- that's the good news!!), and so that might have been why it felt so painless.

Anyway, it was so not a big deal, but thank goodness I heavily self-medicated beforehand.

Seems like all is clear on the female front.  Looks like our issue is just isolated to a male factor at this point...

1 comment:

  1. I was so afraid of the HSG too, and relieved it was not bad at all. At least you have that past you and you can move forward, glad to hear there aren't any additional barriers, and you can focus on the male factor. I have seen some cases become very complex with both male and female factors....not to minimize your situation, but rather shed some positives on it. xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete