Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Perspective

If you can believe it, I've been so swamped at work (new projects, staffing issues, etc.) that I have not been thinking about infertility as much as I usually do.  So instead of dwelling on infertility 24-7, I only think about it about a few times a day.  Hey, if you're an infertile, you'll know that this is incredibly little!

I don't know if this is good or not because the work stress is starting to overwhelm me.  I had a moment of clarity this evening where I realized that I can't let work consume me.  My life is about more than work.  I have a wonderful husband, family, dog, home and friends.  I guess I could extrapolate this to infertility too.  I'm more than just my infertility.  As hard as that is to remember, it's true.

On that note, and maybe in contradiction, I had my husband move his urologist follow-up appointment out to February 4 because something came up at work.  I'm kind of bummed that we're moving it out a week than originally scheduled, but what is another week in this whole journey anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment