Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Midweek Update

The quick update: we have a follow-up appointment with the urologist on Friday where we get all of DH's bloodwork results.  At that point, we also talk about next steps and treatment options.  Both DH and I are pretty nervous about this, but have tried not to swell on it too much.  If you could keep us in your thoughts and prayers, we'd really appreciate it!

Next, I finally made an appointment with a Christian counselor in town to talk through my struggles with infertility.  I've been a blubbering mess these past couple of weeks, especially on the weekends when I don't have work distracting me and I have all day to stew and think about infertility.  I'm looking forward to the time to vent and get some biblical insight. 

On top of infertility, I've also been facing work stress.  Plus, we're thinking of moving across the country.  We haven't been all that happy in this area for the past year -- can't figure out how much of this is due to infertility, but we'd been saying for a long while, even before we were TTC, that we didn't think we wanted to stay in this area long term.  The only downside, and this is pretty major, is that we'd be moving very far away from our families.

So, where are we thinking of moving?  San Francisco!  I don't know about them earthquakes, but it makes sense based on DH's career aspirations to be in that area.  For me, I would just love to partake in all of the delicious Asian food and the balmy weather!  I'm getting sick of the snow and ice!

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and I hope that your new Christian counselor will be helpful in easing your mind about infertility. You just have to keep on telling yourself that EVENTUALLY it will work. It does NOT make waiting in this God awful traffic jam any less stressful though, but just know this too shall pass!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you set up some time to talk to someone. As for moving, the grass is always greener....but a change of scenery may be just what the doctor ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi- I'm a new reader and let me please let tell you that the road is a hard and arduous one. I know, because I've been there and still there! About 1 1/2 years of having fun "practicing" and about 1 1/2 of seeking infertility treatments just recently yielded us with a positive HPT that eventually lead to a heartbreaking miscarriage. But with our faith in the Lord, anything can happen. My grandma is so good at reminding me, it's not your time yet... you have to go by God's time and not your own... as much as I hate to hear that, it is true... isn't it? So my point is, you and I both have to remember that is not our time we have to go by, but God's time. Good luck and keep the faith.


    P.S.
    Pick up the book called Hannah's Hope, seeking God's heart in the midst of infertility, miscarriage and adoption loss by Jeniffer Saake

    It has helped me tremendously during my struggles in this journey.


    Proverbs 3:5-6

    ReplyDelete