Sunday, March 20, 2011

One Step Forward, Then Two Steps Back

I was doing so well, and then a surprise pregnancy announcement (surprise to me because I didn't realize they were trying) from my college roommate sent me over the edge today.  I actually got the news in the afternoon from my other college roommate.  As I was making dinner later that evening, I couldn't keep it together.  I just sat down and had a good cry.

I'm happy for her, I really am.  But why oh why does it have to be so hard for me?  And when will it be my turn?  The scarier question is -- do I even get a turn?  I had to take five minutes tonight to let it all out and just feel sorry for myself.  I'd been doing so well, but everyone needs a good pity party at some point, don't they?

I know the Lord has a plan for my life -- I just wish I knew what it was.  But I am trusting Him, and knowing that everything will work out for the best, no matter what the outcome.

5 comments:

  1. I totally know the feeling. Sometimes I don't cry and it ends up bottling up inside. It's good that you were able to get it out instead of holding on to it.

    And then sometimes I can't stop crying. But it's good that you are expressing yourself and keeping the faith.

    That's about all we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes pregnancy announcements don't phase me and other times they hit me HARD. I wish I knew our plan too...sometimes I feel like I'll never know. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. .... hey lady! I'm just checking in on you- we haven't heard anything from you in awhile, and I was thinking about you! Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think every woman who is waiting to become a mother knows exactly the experience you describe. I know I do. There is such a mixture of joy for the parents to be but deep hurt that we seem to have been overlooked. Praying for peace to find you today x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking about you today, hoping your ok and all is well. Just wanted to stop by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete