Friday, July 8, 2011

I'm Back

I have to apologize profusely for not being better about updating this blog.  The main reason is that there has been no news to report.

The hubby had his surgery to repair his varicoceles in March; he's been on Clomid since February to address the borderline low testosterone, and now we're waiting for our first S/A since either to see what our next steps are.  The appointment is July 25.

I must be more anxious and stressed about the S/A than I realize.  This cycle will probably end up being around 39 days long, which is definitely on my longer side, and usually happens when I'm stressed out.  I just feel like everything hangs in the balance with this S/A.  This S/A is going to tell us how we're going to get our babies -- is it going to be through IUI or IVF??  Or might we even be able to conceive naturally??  (A laughable thought, it seems like.)  This S/A is going to dictate what the next 6-12 months of my life is going to look like -- can I switch jobs, can we move, are we going to have to worry about money or not?

No pressure.

The one silver lining is that I've been able to get a better grip on the situation emotionally, and I've also been able to be open with a lot more of my friends about what we're going through.  The outpour of love and support has been such a blessing.  In the process, I've found another IF in real life (been trying for 6 years), and hopefully will get to know her better.

Thanks to all of my blogger friends for reaching out.  I've been following all of your journeys, and you are all in my thoughts and prayers.  I will try to be better about updating, and will definitely let you know how the S/A turns out.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for updating us! I've wondered about you often, and am glad you are on the brink of learning what the next steps are going to look like. It always feels good to have a plan! Praying for great news :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondering where you were, hoping for the best for you on those SA results especially after all you husband has been through to improve his numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you! My husband went from ZERO sperm to 90 million sperm in three months being on hcg injections. He was taking meds that made his count zero and we didn't know it. My point is that anything can happen! Hoping for the best results on his SA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete