Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12 Weeks

Size of baby: Lime

Continuing symptoms: Week 3 of no vomiting!  Same symptoms as last week -- mild nausea (more like queasiness) that's mainly limited to the evenings, sore boobs, mild acid reflux, weird taste in mouth, hunger.

New symptoms this week: Acid reflux is more constant but nothing horrible.

Maternity clothes: Bump keeps growing!  I bought some new wireless bras (in one size larger than I'm used to wearing!) and a button extender for my pants.  It's getting harder to hide my bump at work.  I've retired some of my tighter clothing items until after I make my announcement.

Sleep: I've been waking up once a night on average, either to pee or because I'm thinking about work.

What I'm eating: I'm eating a better variety and also eating more in one meal.  Thankfully, eating is not as disgusting a task to me anymore.  Still, it's not what it used to be -- food still tastes weird or the thought of it is unappealing at times.

Cravings: None

Special pregnancy moments:  Had a midweek appointment for genetic counseling and testing where they did a blood draw and ultrasound.  This visit I'd graduated from transvaginal ultrasounds to transabdominal!  This feels like such a milestone to me.  Before I'd gotten pregnant, I'd spent plenty of time with the wand, never sure if/when I would move beyond it.  But now that day has finally come, and I'm excited to be progressing to the next stage.  In other news, the tests came back with very low probability of Down Sydrome and trisomy 18, which I am so grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment