Friday, October 22, 2010

Let the Games Begin

Two days ago, the paperwork arrived from the fertility clinic. I'd be told ahead of time by the receptionist that she would email me some paperwork for me to fill out before our appointment.  I said, no sweat.

Little did I know I had 30+ pages to read and respond to.  Wow, this is no joking around!  Though I have to admit that my inner schoolgirl came out as I dutifully filled out each question, checked off each Yes/No box.  It felt good to be doing something rather than waiting for something, which has felt like my life this past year.

I will also admit that part of me is hoping that I won't actually have to go to my appointment.  That maybe this time it worked.  I'm sure there are a lot of women out there who feel this way.  But maybe I'll be the one.  You know?  I've been reading up on the battery of tests that await me, and I'm not looking forward to it.  It's all fun and games until someone's shooting dye up your tubes.

Nearing the middle of my tww.  There is still some hope, I suppose, but I don't feel anything.  For those ladies out there who have been pregnant before...are you supposed to feel anything during the tww?  I never have, but it's because I've never been pregnant.  Don't know if I should hold out hope at this point, or give up and have a glass of wine.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't the paperwork very thorough for RE's?! They ask a million questions, which I suppose is good. Bring your BB charts with you, some are interested in seeing them.

    I have heard some women in the TWW have tons of symptoms and others have their cycle with the least amount of symtopms, so it can go either way. I hope you get your BFP and don't have to bother with your appointment!!!

    I look forward to followinf your journey. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I am definitely planning on bringing my charts with me, though I have to admit, I wasn't always the best with keeping up on them. I usually don't temp during my period, or during a lot of my two week wait. I usually just temp to see when my temp rises during ovulation, and to see if my temp will fall at the end of the tww.

    And on that note, my temps have started falling, so I think this month is going to be another BFN. =T

    ReplyDelete