Sunday, November 7, 2010

D-Day Is Near

Our first appointment with the RE is this Wednesday morning.  We're putting together all of the paperwork with our medical history.  The plan is to fax it all over to him on Monday morning, so that he can read through it, and be prepared for our consultation.  Over the past few days, the hubby and I have had to some uncomfortable conversations with our parents about their reproductive history, and the family's reproductive history.  AWK-WARD.

As we were doing all of this, my husband casually mentions that during college, his doctors had discovered a cyst on one of his testicles.  You couldn't have mentioned this a little sooner?  Which just goes to support my theory that maybe it's not me, it's you.  He said that at the time, he asked if the cyst would affect his future fertility, and they told him not to worry about it.  However, these things change over time, so you never know.  I think he's a bit worried about it now, and plans to make an appointment with a urologist.  I am trying not to make him feel any worse than he may already feel, but I can't help feeling a little miffed that this didn't come up a little sooner.

So this all definitely puts a kink in the calmness I've been experiencing these past couple of months (save for a few rough patches).  However, I hope that this will pass soon enough.  Just needed to vent a little bit, which is what this blog is all about, right?

Switching gears to a lighter note, I'm expecting to ovulate right before Thanksgiving this month.  We're planning to spend the holidays with my in-laws.  My sister-in-law and her husband will probably be there at some point as well.  So we're trying to subtly figure out what people's schedules are like, and when we want to go down there because we know we'll have to be BD'ing at some point that week.  Don't want the hubby to get performance anxiety knowing his parents and sister are lurking around in the house.  Tee hee.

Honestly?  (Going back to the upcoming RE appointment.)  I'm really nervous about.  I haven't admitted it to myself until now.  He could be the bearer of some major news, and I'm scared.  If you have a spare moment, could you say a prayer for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment