Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Quick Update

Been in a crappy mood today.  Finally figured out why -- I'm getting my period in the next day or two.

Sorry I've been a bit MIA.  Had a week off for Thanksgiving, which was a nice getaway from the TTC drama.  DH's second S/A came back just as bad as the first -- motility was slightly better, but nothing to write home about.  Our RE referred us to a reproductive urologist, whom DH will be meeting with at the beginning of January.  We're bummed it can't be sooner, but what's another month?  I feel like we've lost so many months already.

I've been breaking the news to my two best friends, so they know where I'm at, and can be praying for me.  It's a relief that they know.  Every time we met up, there were the expectant, "so are you pregnant yet" looks or questions?  All well-intentioned, but I'm glad I don't have to face that anymore.

We'll probably be telling our church friends starting in the new year as well.  Many of them don't even know that we're trying.  I'm realizing that I can't do this on my own, and that that's what friends and family are for -- to support you, love you and pray for you.  I'm actually looking forward to being more open.  It makes infertility seem so shameful when you're not able to share it.  This is just how I feel.  I understand that there are those who have not chosen to share this information yet.  It's a personal decision for all of us.

Anyway, it's weird, but I'm sort of looking forward to getting my period.  It means I can go in for my blood test for FSH, and that I can also schedule my HSG.  I'm nervous, but excited to get it done.  Hopefully there will be no problems!

That's it for now.  Hope the rest of you are doing well and had a great holiday.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear your feeling crappy - I always do before my period arrives as well. I know this is not the path you would have choosen, but I am glad the wheels are in motion and you are able to start addressing the barriers that are preventing you from conceiving, each step you take brings you one step closer to your dreams. I was so excited to get my period the cycles I did the FSH and HSG tests because I knew they would give us answers to help us decide which direction to go in.

    I am with you in terms of friends and family knowing....it makes life so much easier (usually). We can most definately live without the hundred questions or having to withold information or make up silly excuses.

    Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving week off. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete