Monday, October 10, 2011

Did I Miss It??

Ovulation time always makes me a little neurotic under normal circumstances.

I'm doing some combination of OPK's, checking my BBT, feeling up my boobs (the nipples get sore around ovulation), checking CM.  All while trying to remain very casual because -- you know -- I'll get pregnant the moment I just relax.


I went to the doctor today because I've had some bug that I just can't shake.  My doctor thinks it's viral, and that I just need some R&R.  So that means I have no idea what that will do to my ovulation timetable. And this is making me a little crazy because my husband is leaving for a business trip this coming Sunday, and I don't want to miss our window this month!  Then again, what if I already ovulated and I just don't know it because of this stupid bug?!

Seriously, I need some help calming down the crazy bubbling up inside.  I just try to remind myself that it hasn't been working for months.  If I miss another month, what's the difference?

What do you do to stay calm while you're waiting to ovulate?

1 comment:

  1. I used to have the same issue, afterall, there's only 12 chances in a year, providing you ovulate and have the perfect set of circumstances surrounding that each month.

    After I while, I realized the anxiety over it caused me more stress and frustration than it was worth. I would even get mad at hubby if he feel asleep before we BD'd - we have actually had fights over it.

    I'm not sure there's anything I did to get over that, I guess as time passed, I just used to the fact that there would be bumps in the road and that if it's truly God's Timing, then he will provide divine intervention where need be. It was really a letting go of control thing for me, but again, that came with time. Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself, it's all you can do. Hugs! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete