Friday, November 9, 2012

8 Weeks

Size of baby: Kidney bean

Continuing symptoms: Nausea and vomiting are still there, but they seem to get better and better with each passing week.  The nausea tends to come and go in waves.  So far this week, I had one kind of bad spell Wednesday night.  Sunday wasn't that great either.  Overall though, the nausea is very manageable this week, and I am so grateful for this.  The B-natal pops I bought seem to really help too.  Other symptoms -- a bit tired, weird taste in mouth, sore/swollen boobs, hunger.

New symptoms this week: Some shooting pains in my boobs one day.  Not sure if it was a freak thing or a symptom.
Maternity clothes: Not yet, but I am starting to have to unbutton my jeans to accomodate the first trimester bloat.
Sleep: Fairly well except I need to get up and pee once a night.  I also am having some really vivid dreams.
What I'm eating: Cereal and milk are my new friends.  It's the one thing that doesn't totally gross me out.  However, once I have a bowl, I find myself starving not even two hours later, and need to eat more.  Also, I have been having a hard time keeping plain water down, so am drinking a lot of juices and other fluids to compensate.

Cravings: None

Special pregnancy moments:  Telling my two closest girlfriends from church about the pregnancy.  I remember having them over for lunch at my house at the beginning of 2011, and telling them for the first time that my husband and I had been struggling to conceive the past year.  Since then, they have really supported me, asked me how I'm doing, prayed for me.  They were both so happy for me, and it was wonderful to be able to share this good news with them.  I was definitely worried about sharing the news so early in the pregnancy, but both of them knew that I was planning to start fertility treatments this fall.  They were bound to ask about that.  Plus, one of them had already noticed me missing some church the past couple of weeks.  I'm excited to be able to talk baby stuff with them now!

No comments:

Post a Comment