Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Moving On

We had our last RE appointment this past Friday where the baby had a great heartbeat and was measuring right on track.

This was the first time that the baby actually looked like a little baby and not just a blob.  And it was the first time I really teared up.  I can't believe we may be (please God) bringing a baby into the world next year that is half me and half my husband.  It's such an incredible miracle.

During the appointment, my RE said that they are sometimes able to detect the sex.  This shocked me since we were only about 8.5 weeks at that point.  But he said that they usually try not to look.  I'm sure they don't want to give people an incorrect sex, and in case anything happens to the baby, it might be that much more painful to have known the sex.

After he said that they usually try not to look, he then proceeded to start looking around, but quickly stopped himself.  However at the end of the appointment, he said very cryptically to my husband, "It looks like you're going to have someone to play video games with."  Which makes us wonder if it's a boy (something he and I suspected before this appointment).  My husband had made a comment earlier in the appointment that he doesn't care if it's a boy or girl, though it would be fun to have a boy to play video games with.  I guess we'll see.  I'm happy either way. :)

So this is it.  Our next appointment is this coming Monday where I see my regular ob/gyn.  I know I will be in good hands, but it is sad to be leaving the fertility clinic.  They were absolutely awesome, and so supportive and understanding of the infertile mindset.

Not only do we have our first ob/gyn appointment on Monday, but I also graduate to double digits that day too -- 10 weeks!  I am really looking forward to getting out of the first trimester, so that I can finally be out of the danger zone, and so that this nausea (hopefully) will finally go away!

1 comment: